Monitor and Control of Greenhouse Environment System using 8051 form an important part of the agriculture and horticulture sectors in our country as they can be used to grow plants under controlled climatic conditions for optimum produce. Appropriate environmental conditions are necessary for optimum plant growth, improved crop yields, and efficient use of water and other resources. Automation is process control of industrial machinery and processes, thereby replacing human operators. The soil moisture conditions, environment temperature and various climatic parameters
govern plant growth. Automating the data acquisition process allows this information (soil moisture, temperature and various climate parameters) to be collected at high frequency with less labor requirements.
Our main focus in this project is to design a simple, easy to use, microcontroller-based circuit which monitor and record the values of temperature, humidity, soil moisture and sunlight of the natural environment that are continuously modified and controlled. This helps in achieve maximum plant growth and yield. We use in this circuit a low power, cost efficient chip manufactured by ATMEL AT89S52
It communicates with the various sensor modules in real-time in order to control the temperature, soil moisture, humidity and day light inside a greenhouse by actuating a cooler, water pump, sprayer and lights respectively according to the necessary condition of the crops. There is a 16×2 character LCD is also used for displaying the information getting from various sensors. This project provides economical, portable and a low maintenance solution for greenhouse environment.
- Sensors used have high sensitivity and are easy to handle.
- Low cost system, providing maximum automation.
- Closed loop design prevents any chances of disturbing the greenhouse environment.
- User is indicated for changes in actuator state thereby giving an option for manual override.
- Low maintenance and low power consumption.
- Labour saving.
- Complete automation in terms of pest and insect detection and eradication cannot be achieved.
- Requires uninterrupted power supply.