In the age of mobility, the need for wireless power transfer (WPT) is growing fast. There are several approaches for transferring th electric power wirelessly. In this paper, different methodologies for WPT are investigated as well as advantages, disadvantages and possible applications for each one. Our long range wireless power transfer has been achieved based on separation distance, transmitting power, cost, efficiency, and safety. This circuit transfer up to 10 Watts and range of WTP circuit is 10 to 15 inch.
- Longer distance compared to non-resonant inductive coupling.
- Allows the use of smaller single-layer
planer coils which can be implemented in
MEMS circuits for portable and implanted
- Magnetic fields are not affected by
surrounding objects. They can wrap around
or penetrate obstacles such as wood,
plastics, glass, brick…, Etc. which are
transparent to magnetic fields.
- Safer for people, animal and environment
as there is no electromagnetic radiation
during energy transfer
- Higher efficiency
- Increase the device mobility
- Avoid the wiring hazards
- Improve electric vehicles reliability
- Safe the wiring cost and its isolation
- Immune to chemicals, dirt and water.
- Enhance the research of biomedical
- Maintenance free and no electrical plugs